Employment Type: Casual
Location: St. Thomas and surrounding area
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You love the idea of making a direct impact to your clients’ lives.
- You are passionate about providing rehabilitation support and wish to expand your career in the healthcare industry.
- You enjoy assisting and interacting with a collaborative, cross-discipline team.
- You value the guidance and direction of an experienced leadership team. – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
The successful Physiotherapist will have:
- Have current active registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario in good standing.
- Have knowledge of legislation, regulations, and policies applicable to practice.
- Have knowledge of principles of reflective practice.
- Use a systematic approach to decision making during the development, implementation, and evaluation of the physiotherapy care plan.
- Be able to work within a flexible schedule and adaptable environment.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and reliable insured vehicle.
- Have vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) within 12 months of hire (or in process), with a current Criminal Records Check.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Canadian’s Drivers license (G2/G).
The role will require:
- A strong focus on client safety and ethical standards.
- Developing respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs with the ability to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Respectful of the dignity and individuality of each client.
- Providing personal care to meet the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of each client.
- Observing, assessing, and reporting changes in clients’ behaviors and activities.
- Participating in multidisciplinary teamwork.
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan
- Company contributions to your RRSP
- Relocation assistance, where applicable
- Ongoing tools, webinars, and resources to support mental health.
- A culture of recognition and appreciation
- A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to apply, please contact Human Resources.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.