Continuing Care Assistant(s) - Community Care
Halifax Regional Municipality (Bedford, Hammond Plains, Prospect, Spryfield, Downtown Halifax, Clayton Park,Sambro)
Full Time, Part Time and Casual Positions Available
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
Due to a growing community and an influx of patients requiring care from local referral sources, CTG is seeking Continuing Care Assistants who are passionate about client care.
This position may appeal to you if:
· You love the idea of making a direct impact to your clients’ lives
· You enjoy flexibility in your schedule. At CTG we are happy to work with you to find a schedule that allows you to balance your home and work lives.
· You value working with a collaborative team and the guidance and direction of an experienced supervisor – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
· You are interested in gaining permanent residency via Atlantic Immigration Pilot. Closing the Gap is a designated employer under this program. Employees that have completed one year of employment with Closing the Gap are eligible to be sponsored under this program.
The Successful Continuing Care Assistant will have:
· A Continuing Care Assistant Certification (or currently in school to receive certification) or Equivalent Certificate ( ex- PSW Certificate, Foreign Nursing Degree or Enrolled in a Practical or Baccalaureate Nursing Program from a recognized institution.
· Up to date CPR/First Aid Certification and acceptable criminal check and child abuse registry
· Outstanding focus on client safety and ability to develop respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs
· Exemplary skills in delivering high-quality customer experiences
· A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting and high- quality performance
· Experience in independent problem solving and recognizing when support from peers and supervisors is needed
· Travel within urban and rural settings (must arrange own transportation or be on an accessible bus route)
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
· Competitive wages ( starting at $17.31 for Fully Certified Full Time Continuing Care Assistants)
· Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan
· Company contributions to your RRSP
· Ongoing tools, webinars and resources to support mental health
· A culture of recognition and appreciation
· A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence
· Paid travel time
· Paid orientation
· A company issued mobile phone
- A shift may be varied and could include helping with daily activities of living, personal care, respite for caregivers, recreation activities or meal preparation. Care takes place in home of the client.
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.