Occupational Therapy Assistant
School Based Rehabilitation Services (SBRS)
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
We are currently seeking Occupational Therapy Assistants who will provide support to Occupational Therapists working with school-based children within the Simcoe County.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You enjoy flexible working hours. Now more than ever, having flexibility to meet other life commitments is important. At CTG you are able to manage your schedule to achieve that balance.
- You are seeking to work with an experienced team of Occupational Therapists. Learn from the best while working with a dedicated and knowledgeable team
- You are looking for a chance to work with children with diverse needs in a stimulating environment. Every day will be different, and the opportunities for learning are vast.
- You are looking for a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education. At CTG we encourage and celebrate lifelong learning
The successful Occupational Therapy Assistant will have:
- Graduated from a recognized Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program
- A valid Driver’s License(G2/G) and reliable insured vehicle
- Understanding of the principles of rehabilitation and the rehabilitation process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with supervising clinicians, clients, their families, and interdisciplinary team members
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting and high- quality performance
The role will require:
- Working under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist
- The provision of individual and group client/resident treatment programs to promote function and to effectively cope with limitations in movement
- Notifying the regulated healthcare provider of changes in client health status, withdrawal of consent, non-compliance, or any difficulties in implementing assigned tasks
- Maintaining records and statistics to a standard appropriate for medical-legal purposes
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan
- Company contributions to your RRSP
- Relocation assistance, where applicable
- Ongoing tools, webinars and resources to support mental health
- A culture of recognition and appreciation
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please call our office at 1-877-560-0202.