Paediatric Speech Language Pathologist
Employment Type: Casual
Location: St. Thomas and surrounding area.
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You love the idea of making a direct impact to your clients’ lives.
- You are passionate about providing outstanding support and wish to expand your career in the healthcare industry.
- You enjoy assisting and interacting with a collaborative, cross-discipline team.
- You value the guidance and direction of an experienced leadership team. – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
The successful Speech Language Pathologist will have:
- Current active registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario Current active registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Have a valid G2/G Driving License and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
The role will require:
- Assessment of the client's speech, language, communication and swallowing, and the factors that affect them.
- Have knowledge of legislation, principles of reflective practice, regulations, and policies applicable to practice.
- Use a systematic approach to decision making during the development, implementation, and evaluation of clients.
- Be able to work within a flexible schedule and adaptable environment.
- Informs the Case Manager of client goals/progress/status through written reports, individual discussions, or case conferences
- Have the physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Group benefits (HOOP) including an Employee Assistance Plan
- Company contributions to your RRSP (HOOP)
- Relocation assistance, where applicable
- Ongoing tools, webinars, and resources to support mental health.
- A culture of recognition and appreciation
- A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to apply, please contact Human Resources.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.