School Nurse – RN/RPN
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Location: Woodstock ON
Salary: Registered Nurse pay rate: $36.00-38.00/hour.
Registered Practical Nurse pay rate: $26.00-28.00/hour.
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You love the idea of making a direct impact to your clients’ lives.
- You are passionate about providing complete support and wish to expand your career in the healthcare industry.
- You enjoy assisting and interacting with a collaborative, cross-discipline team.
- You value the guidance and direction of an experienced leadership team. – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
The successful Nurse will have:
- Graduated from a recognized accredited School of Nursing.
- A current, general class (practicing) Registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A current CPR or BLS certification.
- Tracheostomy and Ventilation experience an asset.
- Demonstrated excellence in assessment and direct client care.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to nurses, who have completed university-based wound care and/or infusion therapy program have minimum of two years of home care sector experience.
- Preference will be given to nurses that have IV, wound care and palliative skills.
- Have a valid G2/G Driving License and access to a reliable vehicle.
The role will require:
- Utilizing the nursing process effectively in order to provide high quality nursing care for clients and/or caregivers in all client situations and documenting and reporting client information according to company policy.
- Promoting the independence of clients and caregivers considering their needs, strengths and weaknesses.
- Providing consultation to other Nursing colleagues.
- Maintaining current competence and obtaining advanced or specialized nursing skills to meet care needs of clients.
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan.
- Company contributions to your RRSP.
- Relocation assistance, where applicable.
- Ongoing tools, webinars, and resources to support mental health.
- A culture of recognition and appreciation.
- A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to apply, please contact Human Resources.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.