Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) provides Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of clinic and home-based community care settings.
We are looking for a self-motivated Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) to join our team. This Physiotherapy Assistant can bring their therapy services skills to our client’s homes i.e., in a community setting (based at Owen Sound and Bruce Peninsula).
Our PTA will be working with our Physiotherapy team under a registered Physiotherapist to provide health teaching, and exercise programs. A successful PTA would be able to administer care plans for Physiotherapists.
This experience provides an exciting environment that gives an opportunity to work full-time in community settings across the Owen Sound Region.
If you are a new Physiotherapy Assistant program graduate, our team provides comprehensive exposure to learning and development opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- You will be working with our physiotherapy team under the supervision of a Registered Physiotherapist.
- Provide health teaching and perform exercise programs with clients.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) matching.
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including comprehensive support for mental health.
- Vacation Pay and Time Off.
- Extensive learning and education development opportunities.
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation.
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- Recent graduates from a recognized physiotherapy program or Kinesiology are an asset.
- A proven track record of being able to work independently, as well as comfortable working in a team.
- Building relationships with clients and their families/ caregivers.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and the use of a reliable vehicle (for Community-based roles).
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly-funded organization.
We are A Team Made for CaringTM dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home, community-based, and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our Team Made for CaringTM.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.