Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) provides Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community setting.
We are looking for a Speech Language Pathologist who is excited to work independently with primarily adult clients in their home settings on a face-to-face basis. Be on the go with a schedule that works for you and which you have full control over. If you are looking for an environment where you get to use a variety of your therapy skills to improve the well-being of your clients and build your passion for Home Care, then this role will be right for you.
This is a part-time position that will be based in Peterborough, Lindsay, Campbellford and Haliburton.
What you will be doing:
- Provide assessments in a home setting based on presenting impairment or diagnosis using standardized assessment tools.
- You will see individuals with a wide variety of concerns including but not limited to clients recovering from stroke or other neurological problems who are now having trouble with speaking/breathing/swallowing. Design a care plan using evidence-based information, relevant best practice guidelines, and clinical expertise.
- Partner with our client’s family members, caregivers and other health care professionals regarding care goals and service plans.
What you can expect:
- As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare’s Team Made for Caringtm you can expect
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including comprehensive support for mental health
- Vacation Pay and Time Off
- Extensive learning and education development opportunities
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- Graduate of a recognized Post Secondary program in Speech Language Pathology
- Current active registration in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the use of a reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication and analytic skills, with strong organizational abilities.
- Experience providing home-based services is an asset, but new graduates are welcome!
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly-funded organization.
We are A Team Made for Caring™ dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community-based and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with a commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our Team Made for Caring™.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.