Home Support Worker Paid Training Program
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and community-setting services.
As a leader in the home- and community-care industry, CTG is pioneering a one-of-a-kind paid healthcare education program. We are launching our very own Home Support Worker program where we will be providing paid virtual classroom training, paid on-the-job training, and guaranteed full-time employment to compassionate and independent individuals who are looking to enter the field of healthcare.
We are hiring in the following areas:
St. Thomas and Area: St. Thomas, Rodney, West Lorne, Dutton, Port Stanley, Aylmer, Tillsonburg
Guelph and Area: Kitchener, Waterloo, Wellington, Guelph, Erin, Rockwood, Fergus, Elora, Mount Forest, Cambridge
Dufferin Region: Orangeville, Sherbourne
Halton Region: Oakville, Milton
Muskoka and Timiskaming: Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Port Severn, , Timmins, Kirkland Lake, New Liskard, Cochrane, Matheson, Iroqui Falls,
What is this program all about?
- Learn about the benefits of providing home care and working in people’s homes. Build on your healthcare skills in coordinating with your client and their family and meeting the complexity of their care needs.
- Gain best-in-class knowledge regarding home care and service plans to assist individuals with daily living routines, household management, nutrition, and food preparation.
- Identify healthcare issues using basic assessment strategies and report findings.
- Master the integral part of what Home Support Workers provide as part of a multi-disciplinary care team.
Who is this program for?
- Are you customer-service-centric? Are you motivated to help your customer with their needs?
- Do you have good communication and listening skills?
- Do you enjoy working independently and thrive in a flexible and dynamic work environment?
- Is working in the community and providing service to others exciting for you?
- Are you interested in building a career in healthcare?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, the Home Support Worker Paid Training program may be right for you.
What’s in it for me?
- 3 weeks of paid virtual training
- 2 weeks of paid on-the job training
- Guaranteed Full-time Work, or Part-time and Casual opportunities at the end of the training
- Competitive Compensation package including comprehensive health and dental packages
- Participate in Company RRSP Matching program
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence
What qualifications are needed to be successful?
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening check upon hire
- Able to commit to 5 weeks of full-time training
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.