Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community settings.
We are looking for a Pediatric Occupational Therapist that can specialize in pediatric therapy care within the South Simcoe County Community. This position is a Full Time Salaried role with our School-based Rehabilitation Program and our complex core clients in schools and homes.
Our Pediatric Occupational Therapists enjoy a guaranteed annual salary plus a steady schedule during the school year and an optional lighter workload during the summer months if desired. If you are looking for an environment where you can be challenged and will get the best of both worlds while specializing your therapy skills to improve the well-being of your pediatric clients, then this role might be the one for you.
We have an urgent need for a Full Time Pediatric Occupational Therapist who can work in Barrie, Bradford, Alliston, Beeton, Tottenham, Orillia, Collingwood, and Midland/Penetanguishene.
What you will be doing:
- Support a school-based rehabilitation program for children and youth with therapy needs. You will assess and build client and family centered therapy care plans based on the students’ developmental needs (e.g. fine motor difficulties and sensory processing goals)
- Provide care to complex pediatric clients (neurological and musculoskeletal conditions) within the South Simcoe County community within clients homes and schools. You will build therapy care plans and recommend equipment based on the clients developmental, safety, and functional needs.
- As a pediatric client advocate, you will facilitate a partnership between families, schools, and the local healthcare systems to ensure that your clients are able to attend school, participate in school activities and engage successfully with the curriculum.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare’s Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Full Time Annual Salary and Competitive Compensation Package
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) matching
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including support for mental health
- Four weeks vacation time
- Paid mobile and/or communication devices
- Extensive onboarding, orientation, and mentorship programs to put you on a path to success
- Paid educational benefits for continuing professional development
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- Current active registration and is in good standing as an Occupational Therapist with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Previous experience Pediatric experience is preferred
- ADP Authorizer or willingness to be trained is preferred
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the use of a reliable vehicle
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited, and publicly funded organization.
We are A Team Made for CaringTM dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home, community-based, and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not So Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our Team Made for CaringTM.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.