Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
We are looking for a self-motivated Registered Dietitian to serve the community and to join our team at St. Thomas office.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You are passionate about customer service and wish to expand your career in the healthcare industry.
- You wish to expand your career in the healthcare industry.
- You enjoy assisting and interacting with a collaborative, cross-discipline team.
- You value the guidance and direction of an experienced leadership team. – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
The successful Registered Dietitian will be:
- Assessing client’s nutrition needs and providing treatment plans.
- Seeing client in their own environment and be able to build relationships.
- Using a systematic approach to decision making during the development, implementation, and evaluation of the nutrition care plan.
- Knowing when to seek supervision.
- Managing time and workload effectively and ensure appropriate and secure documentation.
- Able to work within a flexible schedule and adaptable environment.
The role will require:
- Degree in Food and Nutritional Sciences, or graduate from Dietitian degree or equivalent.
- Current active registration in good standing as a dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Experience working with the elderly.
- Experience with tube feeding and Total parenteral nutrition (TPN).
- Prior experience doing swallowing assessments.
- Valid Ontario Driver's License and the use of a reliable vehicle.
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages and mileage.
- A culture of recognition and appreciation.
- A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of A Team Made for Caring™.