Title - Personal Support Worker
Location - Centre Wellington, Elora, Fergus, Arthur, Alma and Belwood
Full- Time (Evening Shifts and Day shifts) - With availability on every other weekend.
Flexible shifts with preference to split shifts 6 am till 12 noon and 5 pm to 10 pm availability.
**$500 sign on bonus to be paid out within the first pay period after the start date.**
***Refer a friend - $500 referral bonus to be paid out within the first pay period after the new hire starts.***
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community settings.
We are looking for a Personal Support Worker who is comfortable providing care to our clients. Our next Personal Support Worker will thrive in a culture made for caring where being flexible and possessing strong customer service skills will drive the success of their role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Personal Support Worker or a new graduates who is looking to gain experience in the field.
If your passion is rooted in all things client focused and you have a strong ability to provide excellent customer service skills, then this might be the role for you.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You will be the responsible for the day-day management of the client care plans.
- You have a safety first mindset and understand the importance of ensuring a safe work environment for yourself and your clients.
- You are a problem solver at heart and when problems do arise you are able to find solutions and able to provide the best customer service possible.
- You can work in a team but are proven to be reliable while working independently.
- You thrive on being a self-starter and can work well under minimal supervision.
- You have a passion for making connections and being able to build relationships and rapport with the clients you work with.
- You will be responsible for queuing client medications.
Skills needed for success:
- You are a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual who loves to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- You are currently certified as a Personal Support Worker (PSW).
- Previous experience as an international nurse or if you have successfully completed the first year of nursing school in Canada.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your schedule.
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive total compensation package.
- A commitment to excellence.
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation.
- In depth training and orientation to set you up for success.
- Generous Vacation package.
- Group benefits including medical and dental.
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly funded organization.
We are A Team Made for Caring™ dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community-based and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with a commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our Team Made for Caring™.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.