We are looking for a Shift Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) who is comfortable providing pediatric care to our clients in Muskoka.
Our next Shift Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will thrive in a culture made for caring where being flexible and possessing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills will drive the success of their role. If your passion is rooted in all things client-focused and you have a strong urge to provide care to a variety of patients in the community and have extensive wound care experience, then this would be the opportunity for you!
We have Part-Time Shift positions available.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for treating and accessing pediatric patients in-school and in-home
- Experience working with tracheostomy care, ventilator care, g-feeds, insulin, and blood sugar monitoring will be considered an assist
- You will be responsible for reporting and coordinating with the HCCSS (LHIN).
- Responsible for creating reports and updates on clients.
- Able to order supplies for patients.
- You have a passion for making connections and being able to build relationships and rapport with the clients you work with.
- You thrive on being a self-starter and can work well under minimal supervision.
- You can work in a team but are proven to be reliable while working independently.
- You are a problem solver at heart and when problems do arise you are able to find solutions and able to provide the best customer service possible.
- You also understand safety of yourself and the clients and have a focus on working safely.
Skills needed for success:
- You are a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual who loves to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your schedule.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A minimum of two years’ community or clinical/hospital experience preferred.
- You are currently certified as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the CNO.
- Currently certified with Standard First Aid & CPR/ AED (Level C).
- Can possess current Mask Fit test.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare’s Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- Generous Vacation package
- In depth training and orientation to set you up for success
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly funded organization.
We are A Team Made for Caring™ dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community-based and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with a commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our Team Made for Caring™.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.