Personal Support Worker (PSW) – Home and Community Care
Employment Type: Full Time and Part Time positions available.
Shift Timings - 3pm to 9m (Evenings and weekends).
Location: St. Thomas, Rodney, West Lorne, Dutton, Iona Station and Wallacetown.
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
Come and work with a caring management and scheduling team where your voice is heard!
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
This position may appeal to you if:
- You are currently looking to take on a role where you are will make a direct impact to your clients’ lives.
- You are passionate about providing everyday support and wish to expand your career in the healthcare industry.
- You enjoy assisting and interacting with a collaborative, cross-discipline team.
- You value the guidance and direction of an experienced leadership team. – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
The successful Personal Support Worker (PSW) will have:
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate from a recognized accredited institution from a province in Canada or equivalent or Nursing Students in their 3rd and 4th year of a Nursing Program.
- Or an Internationally Trained Nurse with 1+ year of experience or Retired Nurses.
- Outstanding focus on client safety and exemplary skills in delivering high-quality client experiences.
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables.
- Skilled independent problem solver with the ability to recognize and seek support from peers and supervisors when needed.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Canadian’s Driver’s license (G2/G).
The role will require:
- A strong focus on client safety and ethical standards.
- Developing respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs with the ability to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Respectful of the dignity and individuality of each client.
- Providing personal care to meet the physical, psychological, and social needs of each client.
- Observing, assessing, and reporting changes in clients’ behaviors and activities.
- Participating in multidisciplinary teamwork
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan.
- Company contributions to your RRSP.
- Ongoing tools, webinars, and resources to support mental health.
- A culture of recognition and appreciation
- A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to apply, please contact Human Resources. This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.