Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages with the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
Due to a growing community and an influx of patients requiring care from local referral sources, CTG is seeking a Continuing Care Assistant in Training (CCA-IT) who is passionate about client care and will be eligible for the CCA-IT Wage Enhancement.
Location(s): Halifax Peninsula, Clayton Park, Bedford, Spryfield, Sambro, Prospect, St. Margaret’s Bay
Day Shifts: 8 am - 4pm, 8am - 5pm, 8am -6pm
Evening Shifts: 2pm - 10pm
Full-Time and Part Time
An eligible CCA-IT is:
- Scheduled to write the CCA Exam in July 2023.
- Able to travel within urban and rural settings (must arrange own transportation or be on an accessible bus route).
- Willing to have a flexible schedule. Here at CTG we are happy to work with you to find a schedule that allows you to balance your home and work lives
- Loving the idea of making a direct impact to your clients’ lives.
If you like all this, then the CCA-IT position with a Wage Enhancement might be for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- A shift may be varied and could include helping with daily activities of living, personal care, respite for caregivers, recreation activities or meal preparation. Care takes place in home of the client.
The Successful Continuing Care Assistant in Training will have:
- Up to date CPR/First Aid Certification and acceptable criminal check and child abuse registry.
- Outstanding focus on client safety and ability to develop respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs.
- Exemplary skills in delivering high-quality customer experiences.
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting and high- quality performance.
- Experience in independent problem solving and recognizing when support from peers and supervisors is needed.
- Value working with a collaborative team and the guidance and direction of an experienced supervisor – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
As a member of A Team Made for Caring™ at Closing the Gap, you can expect:
- Competitive wages plus an additional hourly Wage Enhancement benefit
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan.
- Company contributions to your RRSP.
- Paid travel time.
- Paid orientation.
- A company issued mobile phone.
- Ongoing tools, webinars and resources to support mental health.
- A culture of recognition and appreciation.
- A dynamic and collaborative team committed to excellence.
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly funded organization.
We are A Team Made for Caring™ dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community-based and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with a commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our Team Made for Caring™.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.