Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and community-setting services.
We are looking for a compassionate and independent Personal Support Worker (PSW) that can provide excellent and empathetic care to our clients in the community. Our PSWs will be working under the supervision of our Client Services Supervisor and with our team of healthcare providers. If you are looking for work-life balance and supportive work culture, then you are exactly what we’re looking for!
This is a Salaried Full-Time Permanent role for North and Central Wellington, Guelph and surrounding area, Kitchener, Cambridge and Waterloo.
Newly registered PSWs; Nursing students with at least 1 year of completed education and/or internationally trained Nurses who are waiting for their CNO registration are welcome to apply!
Split Shifts (Scheduled will be shared) and rotational week offs.
What you will be doing:
- You will be making a direct impact on the clients’ lives by providing personal care, respite services, and assistance with activities of daily living.
- You will be working independently in the community but at the same time enjoy working with a collaborative team with the guidance and direction of an experienced supervisor – At CTG we foster an environment of lifelong learning and sharing best practice.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Guaranteed Full Time Hours Salary – 75 hours biweekly.
- Paid Mileage and additional paid travel time.
- Group benefits including an Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid sick days and vacation pay.
- Company contributions to your RRSP and co-pay on extended healthcare benefits
- Extensive learning and educational development opportunities
- A culture of performance, recognition, and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- A Personal Support Worker or Equivalent Certificate from a recognized institution
- Outstanding focus on client safety and ability to develop respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs
- Exemplary skills in delivering high-quality customer experiences
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting, and high-quality performance
- Experience in independent problem solving and recognizing when support from peers and supervisors is needed
- Access to a reliable vehicle and Canadian Drivers license is a must
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Not-So-Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon the Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.