Registered Nurse RN
Location: Guelph, ON
Positions: Full-Time (Night Shift)
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community settings.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) that will bring a unique aspect of nursing care: Full utilization of nursing skills and being a client advocate. If you are looking for an environment where you can do more than being in a doctor’s office environment and can care for more diverse clients than being in a nursing station, then this role will be right for you.
We are ideally looking for an RN who can provide an in-home setting care for a night shift schedule in Cambridge, Ontario.
If your passion is rooted in all things client-focused and you have a strong motivation to provide nursing care to patients in a community setting then this would be the role for you.
What you will be doing:
- Use a variety of nursing skills such as Simple, Surgical, Complex, and Chronic Wound Care, Intravenous Care, Diabetes Management Support, CVAD, and Drain Care management to name a few.
- Implement critical thinking by using the best practice of client-centric care while using clinical judgment on what’s best for your clients, their families, and the care team.
- Documentation is key to providing a holistic client-centric approach. You will be responsible for documenting key client information and updates on their treatment plan for continued service.
- Continued learning is important to Closing the Gap Healthcare, you will have access to one of the most comprehensive trainings and mentorship programs in any home and community industry.
Skills needed for success:
- Graduate from a recognized accredited School of Nursing.
- Registration is in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (Registered Nurse).
- Excellent documentation and time management skills.
- Professional membership preferred (CNA, RNAO, WeRPN).
- Advanced certifications are an asset (NSWOCC, IIWCC, SWAN, CVAA, etc.).
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caring, you can expect:
- Competitive total compensation package.
- Group benefits including medical and dental.
- Generous Vacation package.
- On the job Microskills Nursing Certificate provided. Training includes but not limited to Wound Care Management, Palliative Fundamentals, Enteral Feeds, etc.
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation.
- A commitment to excellence.
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com your earliest convenience.