Title: Visiting Nurse
Location(s): North Huntsville (South River, Sundridge, Burk’s Falls, Kearny Magnetawan, Huntsville)
Day Shifts: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community settings.
We are looking for a Visiting Nurse (RN or RPN) who is comfortable providing care to our clients in the community. Our next Visiting Nurse will thrive in a culture made for caring where being flexible and possessing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills will drive the success of their role. If your passion is rooted in all things client focused and you have a strong urge to provide care to a variety of patients in the community.
We have full-time and part-time positions available based out of North Huntsville (South River into Huntsville).
New Graduates are Welcome to Apply!
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for caring for client needs and be knowledgeable in and have extensive experience in wound care management.
- Experience working with IV antibiotic administration, IV Cannulation, Chemo disconnects, CVAD care, and PORT-A-CATH care access/de-access would be an asset.
- You will be responsible for reporting and coordinating with the HCCSS (LHIN).
- You love working within the community and enjoy traveling between clients.
- Responsible for creating reports and updates on clients.
- Able to order supplies for patients.
- You have a passion for making connections and being able to build relationships and rapport with the clients you work with.
- You thrive on being a self-starter and can work well under minimal supervision.
- You can work in a team but are proven to be reliable while working independently.
- You are a problem solver at heart and when problems do arise you are able to find solutions and able to provide the best customer service possible.
- You also understand the safety of yourself and the clients and have a focus on working safely.
Skills needed for success:
- You are a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual who loves to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You are highly organized and excel at managing your schedule.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A minimum of two years’ community or clinical/hospital experience preferred.
- You are currently certified as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the CNO.
- Currently certified with Standard First Aid & CPR/ AED (Level C).
- Can possess current Mask Fit test.
- Able to do on-call (required).
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare’s Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- Generous Vacation package
- On the job Microskills Nursing Certificate provided. Training includes but not limited to Wound Care Management, Palliative Fundamentals, Enteral Feeds, etc.
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly funded organization.
We are A Team Made for Caring™ dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community-based and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with a commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not so Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, and who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, we strongly encourage all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza as unvaccinated team members put themselves, co-workers, their clients, their client’s families, and CTG’s communities at unnecessary risk.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.