Full time/part time/casual
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and community setting services.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist that can bring their integrated approach in therapy services to our client’s homes. This is a part time position. Our Occupational Therapists enjoy an environment that keeps them flexible and adaptable. They will be part of a greater team that fosters a work environment that is inclusive as well as diverse. Every idea and perspective is valued and we encourage our Occupational Therapists to learn and teach evidence-based practice with colleagues from all over Ontario.
This is not a one-size-fits-all Occupational Therapist role. If you are looking for an environment where you get to use a variety of your therapy skills to improve the well-being of your clients and build your passion for Home Care, then this role will be right for you.
What you will be doing:
- Change your clients’ lives in the comfort of their homes. You will assess and build an accurate therapy care plan based on the real environment of our client. No more second-guessing on what’s best for them. This includes but is not limited to developing health promotion programs, prescribing equipment and supplies, promoting client safety
- Creativity and Adaptability. You will exert critical thinking to provide complex preventative or corrective actions for a variety of clients with diverse needs. You will solve problems that interfere with their ability to do things that are important to them
- Partner with our client’s family members, caregivers, and other health care professionals regarding their treatment goals and service plans
- Because we use a hybrid model of care, including face-to-face and virtual, you can build a schedule that works for you and your client.
- We value an independent and flexible OT while providing a dedicated support, mentorship, and training system with a stable team from multi-disciplines.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Competitive Total Compensation package, get paid for the work that you do per visit
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including comprehensive support for mental health
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Extensive skills training, learning, and educational development opportunities
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- Graduate of a recognized Post Secondary program in Occupational Therapy
- Current active registration and is in good standing as an Occupational Therapist with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the use of a reliable vehicle
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Not So Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring.”
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team members.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, all new hires must have received the complete series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon the Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.