Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is dedicated to providing Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home and community settings.
We are looking for an Accounting Lead who can support our accounting and finance processes to strengthen the business of Closing the Gap. Our next Accounting Lead will be a subject matter expert and will possess a strong understanding of accounting principles and overseeing day-to-day accounting activities.
This is a full-time 3–6-month contract, in a hybrid environment of home and in-office based in our Mississauga head office.
What you will be doing:
- You will lead project-based accounting tasks ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- You will manage full accounting cycle including but not limited to, preparing balance sheets, month-end, and year-end close tasks, handling internal controls, reconciling bank accounts, preparation for audits, prepaid expenses, fixed asset register, accrued liabilities and other accounting responsibilities.
- You are passionate about telling stories through analyzing large amounts of data and accounting
- You’re not just a number cruncher. You will be a key team member to create and provide analysis for various reporting deliverables to the Ministry of Health.
- You are super organized, creative thinker and innovative problem solver. You are comfortable in providing your input and direction to improve our accounting process.
Skills needed for success:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study
- Hold or are pursuing an accounting designation (CPA) preferred
- Proven experience of 3-5 years as a senior accountant, accounting supervisor, demonstrating robust leadership skills
- Strong technical skills and advanced proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail and proven ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Highly Data-Driven, Analytical, Quantitative, and borderline obsessed with the details
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Able to collaborate effectively with various internal stakeholders
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including comprehensive support for mental health
- Extensive learning and development career opportunities
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Not So Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, and who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, we strongly encourage all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza as unvaccinated team members put themselves, co-workers, their clients, their client’s families, and CTG’s communities at unnecessary risk.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.