Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) provides Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of home based and community service settings.
We are looking for Occupational Therapists that can bring their integrated approach in therapy services to our client’s homes. Our Occupational Therapists enjoy a fun, upbeat and dynamic environment that keeps them independent and adaptable. Our Occupational Therapist will be working with a variety client conditions. Primary population is adult however there are occasional pediatric referrals. If you are looking for an environment where you get to use a wide range of your therapy skills to improve the well-being of your clients and build your passion for Home Care, then this role will be right for you.
We have Full Time and Part Time opportunities where the OT can create a schedule that works for them and will be assigned to geographic areas around Linsday, Ontario (Peterborough, Bobcaygeon, Campbellford Little Britain, Cameron, Woodville, Norland, Coboconk, Kirkfield,Seabright, Fenelon Falls, Seagrave, Haliburton West and Haliburton, and Minden Hills)
What you will be doing:
- Change your client’s lives in the comfort of their home. You will assess and build an accurate therapy care plan based on the real environment of our client. No more second guessing on what is best for them. This includes but not limited to developing health promotion programs, prescribing equipment, and supplies, promoting client safety
- Creativity and Adaptability. You will exert critical thinking to provide complex preventative or corrective actions for clients to solve problems that interfere with their ability to do things that are important to them
- Collaborate with an inter healthcare team that partners with our client’s family members and caregivers to build an inter-discipline, holistic treatment goals and service plans
- Because we use a hybrid model of care, including face to face and virtual, you can build a schedule that works for you and your client. We value an independent and flexible OT while providing a dedicated support and training system for them.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan)
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including comprehensive support for mental health
- Vacation Pay and Time Off
- Paid mobile and/or communication devices
- Extensive learning and education development opportunities
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- Graduate of a recognized Post Secondary program in Occupational Therapy
- Current active registration and is in good standing as an Occupational Therapist with the College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the use of a reliable vehicle
*If you are a new Occupational Therapist graduate, our team provides intensive learning and development opportunities to upskill you on community-based work*
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly funded organization.
We are A Team Made for CaringTM dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home, community based and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not So Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, and who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, we strongly encourage all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza as unvaccinated team members put themselves, co-workers, their clients, their client’s families, and CTG’s communities at unnecessary risk.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.