Occupational Therapy Assistant/ Physiotherapy Assistant (OTA/PTA)
Lindsay, Halliburton, Peterborough, and surrounding areas.
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) provides Canadians with the highest level of care across a wide range of clinic and home-based community care settings.
We are looking for a self-motivated Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA) / Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) to join our team. This Occupational Therapist Assistant / Physiotherapy Assistant can bring their therapy services skills to our client’s homes i.e., in a community setting.
This would be a casual to part time role to start, averaging about 10 hrs per week, with the potential to increase.
Our OTA/ PTA will be working with our Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy team under a registered Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist to provide health teaching, and exercise programs. A successful OTA/PTA would be able to administer care plans for Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists.
This experience provides an exciting environment that gives an opportunity to work part-time in community settings in Lindsay, Halliburton, Peterborough, and surrounding areas.
If you are a new Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant program graduate, our team provides comprehensive exposure to learning and development opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- You will be working with our physiotherapy and occupational therapy team under the supervision of a Registered Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist.
- Provide health teaching and perform exercise programs with clients.
What you can expect:
As a member of Closing the Gap Healthcare, we are built to be a Team Made for Caringtm, you can expect:
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) matching.
- Comprehensive health and dental package, including comprehensive support for mental health.
- Vacation Pay and Time Off.
- Extensive learning and education development opportunities.
- A culture of performance recognition and appreciation.
- A commitment to excellence.
Skills needed for success:
- Recent graduates from a recognized physiotherapy program or kinesiology is an asset.
- A proven track record of being able to work independently, as well as comfortable working in a team.
- Building relationships with clients and their families/ caregivers.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and the use of a reliable vehicle (for Community-based roles).
Who we are:
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian-owned, award-winning, fully accredited and publicly-funded organization.
We are A Team Made for CaringTM dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home, community-based, and clinic healthcare services. Our philosophy and care approach are based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards.
The Not So Fine Print:
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, and who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
Closing the Gap is committed to a high-quality and safe environment for our team members and clients/families. At Closing the Gap, we strongly encourage all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza as unvaccinated team members put themselves, co-workers, their clients, their client’s families, and CTG’s communities at unnecessary risk.
Closing the Gap is committed to the success of all its team members. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.